I Really Don’t Give A Shit What Brandon Cooks Or Any Patriots Players Did During The National Anthem As Long They Do The Job They’re Paid To Do
Want to advertise with Turtleboy? Email us at [email protected] for more information.
Alright so everyone’s talking about the national anthem protests that went on yesterday and I just had to share my turtle takes on it:
- The entire movement is grounded in bullshit. The idea that the police in America are systematically racist has been debunked by facts and science time and time again.
- Michael Bennett is a liar and a race baiter who alleged that he was brutalized by the Las Vegas PD, but in reality he was temporarily detained because he ran and jumped over a wall during an active shooting situation.
- Colin Kaepernick isn’t out of the league because he took a knee, or because he’s not good enough. He’s definitely good enough to be at least a backup somewhere. Kaep is out because of the crazy shit he says on Twitter and goes around saying nice things about third world dictators like Fidel Castro. Lots of players took a knee last season. The only one being blackballed is Kaepernick.
- Protesting the anthem at this point is meaningless and no longer has anything to do with black lives matter. It might’ve at first, but at this point it’s all about one thing – a dick measuring contest with the President, who for some reason had all this free time to yesterday to tweet about how triggered he was a million times. All these attention whores took a knee or sat during the anthem because Trump said they should be fired for doing so. They were trying to prove a point that had nothing to do with police brutality.
- Trump didn’t say they should be fired because he’s racist. He said it because he fires people for a living. Just ask the Mooch about job security under his watch.
- Trump is right. If NFL owners want to fire their employees for not standing for the anthem they are free to do so. When you’re the boss you get to make the rules. Don’t like it? See ya later.
- At the same time Bob Kraft and other owners who gave this their blessing are well within their rights to do so. It doesn’t mean they’re unpatriotic. It means that that they think it’s better for their football team and their business to allow this to happen. NFL owners are some of the most conservative people in America. All this bullshit going around about them being snowflakes gives me a popsicle headache.
- The players who knelt did exactly what Trump wanted them to do – they reacted to him. He is a master of this, and people keep falling for it. He expressed his opinion that he’d fire them if he was running the team. But he’s not running the team, so who gives a shit?
- Shaun King continues to be a race baiting piece of human garbage:
- Newsflash – the fans who booed the players are well within their rights to do so. Free speech works both ways. It doesn’t mean their racist, it just means that they decided to let the players whose salaries they pay for, understand what they thought of their protest. Deal with it.
- I really don’t care if you kneel for the anthem. Why is kneeling bad? You know where I kneel? Church. Because it’s a sign of reverence.
- Forcing people to stand for a song is a pretty stupid way to get people like this to love their country. If you really wanna show them how great America is then let them choose to do this while you stand and then move on with your life. That’s what really makes America great. No one can make us do shit. If you tell me I can’t take a knee, I’m gonna be a lot more interested in doing it just because you told me I can’t. FACKS.
- I also don’t care if you sit or don’t come out for the national anthem, as long as you win the game. Sports mean more to me than politics by a long shot. The Patriots had 17 players kneel yesterday. I might give a shit if they had ended up losing the game. But they won, so they did their job.
- No one better exemplified the Patriot way yesterday than Brandon Cooks. He was one of the 17 to take a knee. But then he went on and had 131 receiving yards and two touchdowns, including the game winner in the closing moments. That’s why we’re the best. Because people like Gronk can go out and be wild animals in the offseason, and people like Cooks and McCourtey can take a knee during the anthem, but when they come to work they do their jobs. Brandon Cooks did his job, so what he did during the anthem doesn’t matter to me in the least bit.
We urge you to support the following local businesses. They provide terrific services for the community!