We need to create a Turtleboy app for mobile devices. We just have no idea how to do that or who to call. We figured we’d throw this out there and see if anyone was interested in helping us out. Email us at [email protected] if you’d be interested in doing business with us.
Quick update on the Facebook situation. We created a page called Turtleboy Safe Space. It was taken down after a few days. No explanation was given.
So the next day we created Turtleboy Refugees. That got up to a few hundred followers and was taken down within hours because a man who shall not be named is mass reporting it in his mother’s basement.
After that we created the Lost Boys of Turtle.
This was taken down for “spam” shortly afterwards. Because apparently mass reporting a page for spam is also an effective way to get a page taken down.
After that happened our friend Clarence Emerson started a group page called Turtleboy Sports. That didn’t go very well because it got invaded by people posting memes about Hillary Clinton and guns, which defeated the purpose of the page – to give people a place to comment on our blogs. Then Clarence Emerson got his page deactivated and since he’s the only administrator, that page is done.
So we started the Turtleboy Smiles And Sunshine page.
This is still active and we will be posting all of our blogs on there as we wait out the remaining 18 days of the Turtleboy Sports Facebook page suspension.
Meanwhile we appealed the “spam” suspension from the Lost Boys Of Turtle Facebook page, and we actually got a response back from some guy at Facebook named “Dwight.” He said they reviewed the suspension and said it was a mistake and apologized:
Is Dwight a real person? Who knows. But the mere fact that we got an email back from Facebook gives us hope that we’re finally getting their attention.
Anyway, while we continue to fight this ongoing battle you can follow our stuff on the two active pages – Lost Boys of Turtle, and Turtleboy Smiles and Sunshine. In the meantime we are using this time to figure out a way to become less dependent on Facebook. Here are some thing you can do:
- Make Turtleboy Sports your homepage
- Create an icon on your phone for Turtleboy Sports
- Sign up to get an email every time we publish a new blog. On mobile devices this easy prompt is at the bottom of every page:
- On desktops it’s at the top right of every page:
- We promise you will ONLY receive emails when we publish blogs.
- Sign up for Twitter and follow us. We have had zero problem with Twitter censorship and trolls. They seem to only suspend accounts for ideological reasons, whereas Facebook suspends accounts because trolls have manipulated and exploited a major weakness in their business model.
- Help us create a Turtleboy Sports app for mobile devices. We have no idea how to do this nor do we know how much it costs. If you know how to do this, or you know someone who does, please email us at [email protected] so we can discuss.
Our goal is to create a website that encourages reader interaction. That’s why Facebook was so important for us. The amount of engagement we get for a page our size (36,500) is incomparable to any page. Find any other Facebook page with similar following and you will see that they don’t get close to the amount of likes or comments we do on each blog. That’s why we’re fighting this battle. But we don’t wanna lose you in the meantime so spread the word about how to ride the turtle while we ride out this unjust suspension.
We urge you to support the Turtleboy Sponsors by doing business with them. Without them none of this is possible. Click on any of them to check out their sites or Facebook pages.
Wormtown Brewery, Union Tavern, Bennie’s Cafe, JJM Insurance, Smokestack Urban Barbecue, Smitty’s Tavern, Julio’s Liquors, The Gun Parlor Range, Attorney Anthony Salerno, Rotti Power Equipment in West Boylston