Tyranical Vernon Hill Elementary School Principal Resigns In Disgrace After Series Of Turtleboy Exposes, Adds Herself To Turtleboy Sport Graveyard
Want to advertise with Turtleboy? Email us at [email protected] for more information, and check out our website about types of advertising we offer.
In July of 2015 we did an investigatory blog on Carenza Jackson, the tyrannical principal of Vernon Hill Elementary School in Worcester. After 10 of her 19 teachers quit and moved on to new schools, they all wanted to open up about the insane ways they were mistreated. We documented it all here, but here’s some of the highlights:
- Carenza only got the job at Vernon Hill at such a young age (mid 30’s) because she was a kiss ass climber who was in good with superintendent Melinda Boone, and followed company orders to prioritize standardized test scores and other meaningless data.
- Carenza brought her 2 year old niece to school with her over 50 times one year, and forced students to babysit her so she didn’t have to spring for daycare.
- Carenza showed up half an hour late to work almost every single day.
- Carenza refused to evacuate the school during a gas leak, despite the overwhelming smell, and ended up pulling the fire alarm once it become unbearable.
- Carenza frequently badmouthed teachers to their students.
- Carenza filed a 51A on a teacher for child abuse, which was thoroughly investigated while the teacher was put on leave. In the end it turned out to be baseless and the district lost tens of thousands of dollars in substitute teacher fees. The teacher’s reputation was permanently damaged by the false claims.
- Carenza violated the teacher’s contract several times by forcing teachers to attend unpaid outside school activities.
- The district provided Carenza with special ed aides and tutors, but she used these people for coffee runs and bitch work instead of for their intended purposes helping students.
- Carenza kept dangerous students in classrooms and gave teachers no support in order to “juke the stats” by making Vernon Hill’s suspension and discipline rates look lower. This took away valuable learning time from well behaved students and made the teacher’s jobs impossible.
- Carenza instructed teachers not to mark students absent who were not in school in order to juke the attendance rates, which is something principals are evaluated on (for some reason).
- Carenza gave bad evaluations to any teacher who did not kiss her ass – more than any principal in the entire WPS system.
- Teachers continuously requested legally mandated services for special ed students that was not provided by Carenza Jackson.
- Carenza Jackson forced teachers to socially promote students onto the next grade several times.
- At an IEP meeting, a second year teacher was asked by the parents of a student if the school was meeting the requirements of their child’s IEP (Individualized Ed Plan), which is mandated by law. Instead of lying she told the truth, and because she did not cover up for Carenza and defend the wall, she was fired at the end of the year.
- Carenza forced teachers to use a math binder to teach students, that was not approved by the district and ended up resulting in students who were not even remotely prepared for the MCAS, and thus scores at the school sunk.
- Carenza violated state mandated MCAS protocol by only having one teacher in each classroom during the test. Many teachers speculated that answers were changed to the correct answers per her orders.
- Carenza turned Vernon Hill into math test prep university, and told teachers not to teach English or Social Studies, even though 46% of students at Vernon Hill were ELA.
- Carenza’s Facebook page was filled with pictures like this:
- Carenza’s brother Bryan Jackson and his cousin Michael Satchell, two local boobs in Millbury who collect and sell trash for a living, started a “Boycott Turtleboy Sports” Facebook page that Carenza frequently liked, despite the fact that it was crude, vile, and shared pictures of people’s babies and spouses. It quickly became a Jackson family hodown page before it was eventually taken down by Facebook:
Anyway, we have an update on this story – Carenza Jackson was forced to resign as principal of Vernon Hill Elementary School last week. Add her to the Turtleboy Sports graveyard:
We’re gonna need a bigger graveyard.
This did not happen on its own. Carenza Jackson was protected by Melinda Boone, who was protected by five of the seven people on the School Committee. So in order to take her down, we had to take the rest down first. How did we do that? Simple first we had a revolution at the polls in November of 2015, by urging people to vote the Turtleboy Ticket, and ousting Tracy Novick and Hilda Ramirez from the School Committee, both of whom supported Superintendent Melinda Boone. Prior to this Melinda Boone saw the writing on the wall, resigned as Superintendent and moved back to Norfolk, VA. Then the new good School Committee we got voted in made sure to hire the ever capable Maureen Binienda as superintendent, who has since facilitated the overthrow of Carenza Jackson at Vernon Hill.
That is how a revolution works people. This is how we create change. Sure, we blog about cheesehogs and ratchets and we all have a good laugh. But we’re fixing this broken system one assbag at a time. And we can do this anywhere in any city. This is why we’re always looking for new bloggers in new areas – because Worcester isn’t the only place that needs serious help from Turtleboy.
Rumor has it that Carenza is being considered for an assistant principal job at Forest Grove Middle School – a position that would have to be created and factored into the budget. Because when you’re an administrator in a public school system, the higher ups feel a sense of obligation to make sure you land on your feet. It’s bullshit, but it is what it is.
Up next, Lisa Dyer. If and when we take down this race baiting, SJW North High principal, it will be the greatest victory in the history of Turtleboy Sports.
We urge you to support the Turtleboy Sponsors by doing business with them. Without them none of this is possible. Click on any of them to check out their sites or Facebook pages.