The Turtlegram and Gazette had an interesting story today, and since they get butthurt and send me cease and desist letters from their attorneys when I quote and link them in my blogs, I’ll just link them here and give you a summary instead:
- Clearview Country Club in Millbury is being accused by the town and the police of not shutting down during this bullshit lockdown and got sent a cease and desist letter on April 22
- James Morin is the Chairman of the Board of Health and he’s tried delivering cease and desists to the owner Neil Lummis, multiple times, but Lummis ripped it up in his face
- Morin has been stalking the club and taking pictures of people golfing on the course, and claims there have been up to forty golfers a day
- According to Morin they are NOT social distancing – “Every time I’ve gone up there I see four guys on the tee, and they’re all within a foot of each other to talk and stuff.”
- Police Chief Donald Desorcy went undercover in the parking lot, started taking pictures, and got yelled at by some dude who had no idea he was talking to a cop, never mind the chief of police
- When the chief tried to ID himself the guy tried to grab his ID to see but the chief warned him that this was a violation of of the 6 foot social distancing rule
- Lummis said that the golfers were his friends who just walked on the course on their own and started golfing so the chief offered to have the cops escort them out by Lummis turned them down
- Desorcy said he wasn’t open for business but the chief wanted him to take the flags down from the holes
- The club serves food so Lummis says he should be considered an essential business
- The chief the snitched on Lummis to the Department of Labor Standards and wants them fined
- The chief vowed to arrest Lummis if he didn’t keep people off the course and gets agitated when random guys show up and harass him without identifying themselves
- Vermont and Maryland are opening up golf courses making Massachusetts the only state left in the country that hasn’t, and there has been no date given for when they can open
What a fucking joke. I won’t bash the Millbury Police because they do good work and this seems to be entirely the chief. But like I’ve said before, the cops are the ones who will be put to the test with this bullshit. They don’t have to waste their time with this, but the chief is CHOOSING to. He could easily see some people hitting balls on grass and move on with his life. But instead he chose to go undercover like an asshole, and take pictures on private property without identifying himself. Is this why he signed up to be a cop?
Question for Chief Desorcy – do you think you’re saving lives? Do you think you’re protecting and serving the community by sitting in a parking lot in an unmarked cruiser taking pictures of people getting fresh air and exercise? Do you feel good about yourself when you go home? Do you feel like this is the best use of the taxpayer’s money that fund your salary? Do you feel bad at all that you’re being paid quite well, while the people you’re harassing and stalking are losing their livelihoods?
Because you sound like a fucking loser, and you run a department that still employs a man who spray painted “black lives matter” on his own home, and lied to the cops about being robbed. The same cop who was investigated by your own department, had one allegation sustained, and then you went after the whistle blower instead firing him.
Detective Brothers had been assigned by former Police Chief Richard L. Handfield to investigate allegations against another Millbury police officer, Daniel Daly, according to the lawsuit. In August 2011, after Detective Brothers had uncovered evidence of potential wrongdoing by Officer Daly, Lt. Bates was hired to investigate Officer Daly. One of the 10 allegations against Officer Daly, engaging in conduct unbecoming an officer, was sustained. The lawsuit claims that Lt. Bates was biased against Detective Brothers because she had filed a complaint about him when he was an instructor of hers in criminal justice studies at Anna Maria College. “As a result of improper bias against plaintiff by defendant Bates, the purported ‘investigation’ into the wrongdoings of Officer Daly quickly morphed into an investigation of the plaintiff,” the lawsuit says.
Maybe instead of wasting time investigating people golfing you can look into your own corrupt cop who had his wife cover for him so that he could keep his job and pension. You don’t get to act like you’re some kind of crusader for justice while employing. I mean, his wife tried to get me to write a story about YOU!!!
This is James Morin, the loser on the Board of Health who takes his small town position way too seriously.
Why are you even out dude? You’re a grandfather and high risk to die if you catch the commie cold. Don’t give me this “old people are dying” bullshit if fogies like this are driving around town playing Columbo. Stay the fuck home and hide like you’re supposed to bootleg Walter Brimley!
But of course none of this is about stopping the spread of a disease or saving old geezers like this. It’s about power hungry assholes getting off on being authoritarian douchebags. It’s about small town LOSERS who have never tasted real power before, cumming in their pants now that Charlie Baker has their back.
This isn’t about golf. Golfing is not essential for survival. It’s about what golf represents. When you open up your golf course it’s a sign that you’re going to reopen your economy. They present absolutely no danger whatsoever, yet the state has closed them down just because they have the power to decide what is and isn’t essential.
When the history books are written people like Neil Lummis will be the heroes. Which side are you gonna be on?
Please consider supporting local journalism by donating to the Turtle fund:
Hello Turtle Riders. As you know if you follow Turtleboy we are constantly getting censored and banned by Facebook for what are clearly not violations of their terms of service. Twitter has done the same, and trolls mass reported our blog to Google AdSense thousands of times, leading to demonitization. We can get by and survive, but we could really use your help. Please consider donating by hitting the PayPal button above if you’d like support free speech and what we do in the face of Silicon Valley censorship. Or just buy our award winning book about the dangers of censorship and rise of Turtleboy: