Have a tip for a story? Email us at [email protected]
Follow us on Twitter by clicking here.
Follow us on Instagram by clicking here.
Follow and like the Turtleboy Sports Forever Facebook page to keep up with the hilarious turtle rider commentary.
Want to advertise with Turtleboy? Email us at [email protected] for more information.
The Massachusetts State Police is not the only law enforcement agency that’s been harboring known criminals.
This is Corrections Officer Dana Lymon, who also used to moonlight as a bouncer in New Bedford:
In 2012 he was suspended for 30 days for the following infractions:
- Falling asleep while his stripper girlfriend, who had stolen his car earlier in the day, was in the house with him, leaving the keys to his gun safe readily accessible for her to take.
- Keeping someone else’s guns in his DOC issued gun safe in his house.
- Waking up and finding that gun, along with his friend’s guns (which he was holding onto since his friend was not licensed to carry), had been stolen by the stripper, along with his car once again.
- Instead of calling the cops, which any reasonable person would do, he then borrowed a friend’s car, met up with his bouncer friend “JR,” who just so happened to be an ex-con and known drug dealer by the New Bedford PD, and they went hunting for the stripper.
- They crossed state lines into Rhode Island and eventually went back to New Bedford where they found her.
- Lymon pointed his DOC issued gun at her, but did not fire and she drove away.
- The stripper later used his gun to shoot at a guy six times.
- Lymon was interviewed by internal affairs and lied many times, including about pointing the gun at the stripper.
Yea, apparently you don’t lose your job for that. You just get a 30 day suspension. And not only that, he APPEALED the decision!! Read all about it here.
When you appeal a decision like this you go in front of the Civil Service Commission. Here’s what they had to say:
Not only did they reject his appeal, they basically said that they wanted to give him a harsher penalty. In their own words it was “dangerous and mind boggling” to keep him on as a corrections officer.
This was in late 2013.
But keeping his job was apparently not enough. In 2015 he was rewarded for his work by receiving the Employee of the Year Award:
Can’t make this stuff up. He is one of over 5,000+ employees for the DOC. This was the best they had to offer apparently. He was better than every single other employee operating our jails.
Charlie Baker claimed he was gonna come in and reform everything. I recall DCF being at the top of that list. But it’s pretty much been business as usual. He immediately exonerated his appointed public safety commissioner Dan Bennett for his role in the Biblowgate, without conducting so much as an investigation. But he’s really no different from the last guy in many ways.
Less than three months later in January of 2017 Dana Lymon was invited by Charlie Baker to be an honored guest at the State of the Commonwealth speech, which is basically Tall Deval and the State Legislature patting themselves on the back for being so wonderful. You can see him alongside Union President John Mograss at around the 10:30 mark:
The Union could’ve chosen any one of their 5,000+ member CO’s. They chose the guy who just a couple years earlier was suspended for 30 days because he let his stripper girlfriend steal his car, his gun, his friend’s guns (which were illegally stored in a DOC issued gun safe), met up with his drug dealing ex-con friend, crossed state lines with the DOC issued gun, pointed the gun at the stripper, and then later she used one of his other guns which he was storing illegally to shoot a guy six times.
He’s still employed by the DOC and has gotten steady raises each year since the incident. In 2012 he made $68K. In 2016 he made $90K. This year his base pay is $77,555, and if he does his usual amount in overtime it will be a record setting year for him.
So the moral of the story here is that Charlie Baker is no different from Deval Patrick. He protects his friends like Dana Lymon and Daniel Bennett. It’s been over a week now and he has yet to comment on the systematic problem that exists when a drug dealer gets into the State Police Academy. We continue to see children dying who are under DCF care while they investigate a hockey team in Andover. The only thing he hasn’t done is buy new drapes.
With leadership like this up at the top is it any wonder why this state is filled with so much blatant corruption?