Like the Free Turtleboy Facebook page to follow our posts when our other page is arbitrarily suspended. If we ever get shut down for good, this will become the new Turtleboy Sports main Facebook page.
Want to have your business advert viewed over 2 million times per month? Email us at Turtleboysports@gmail.com for more information, and check out our website about types of advertising we offers.
Saw this on Worcester Magazine’s Facebook page:
No clue what Mandaean culture is, so I Googled it. Turns out it’s some sort of religion from the Middle East. Here’s what they believe in:
- A supreme formless Entity, the expression of which in time and space is creation of spiritual, etheric, and material worlds and beings. Production of these is delegated by It to a creator or creators who originated in It. The cosmos is created by Archetypal Man, who produces it in similitude to his own shape.
- Dualism: a cosmic Father and Mother, Light and Darkness, Right and Left, syzygy in cosmic and microcosmic form.
- As a feature of this dualism, counter-types, a world of ideas.
- The soul is portrayed as an exile, a captive; its home and origin are the supreme Entity, to which the soul eventually returns.
- Planets and stars influence fate and human beings, and are also places of detention after death.
- A saviour spirit or saviour spirits which assist the soul on the journey through life and after it to ‘worlds of light.’
- A cult-language of symbol and metaphor. Ideas and qualities are personified.
- ‘Mysteries’, i.e. sacraments to aid and purify the soul, to ensure rebirth into a spiritual body, and ascent from the world of matter. These are often adaptations of existing seasonal and traditional rites to which an esoteric interpretation is attached. In the case of the Naṣoreans this interpretation is based upon the Creation story (see 1 and 2), especially on the Divine Man, Adam, as crowned and anointed King-priest.
- Great secrecy is enjoined upon initiates; full explanation of 1, 2, and 8 being reserved for those considered able to understand and preserve the gnosis.
So basically it’s a wacky, made up religion that believes that planets decide our fate and we go to Jupiter after we die. At least the boys go to Jupiter, presumably to get more stupider. They also believe the Jesus, Moses, and Abraham were all false prophets. Naturally then the Mayor of the second largest city in New England and a United States Congressman are honoring them:
“Mayor Joe Petty declared April 30 as the Mandaean Cultural day in the city of Worcester.”
McGovern thanked Clark University for its work with the Mandaeans, saying it was fitting the project took place at a “school that celebrates diversity.”
Seriously, is there anything these idiots won’t do to prove to the world how much they embrace diversity? Guess how many Mandaeans there are worldwide? 60,000. That’s the size of Haverhill. They get their own day now so Joe Petty and Jim McGovern can pat themselves on the back and brag about how progressive they are.
This is how it went down when McGovern called up Petty:
JM: Hey Joe, we’re going down to Clark to celebrate this religion called Mandaeans.
JP: What the hell is that?
JM: Doesn’t matter. It’s a small ethnic minority and they’re not white. Great opportunity for a photo op. Plus we get to say “embrace diversity” a bunch of times. The morons who vote for us love that shit.
JP: Have we alerted Walter Bird yet? Pics or it didn’t happen.
JP: OK, I’ll do it. Come pick me up. And did you ever ask any of your friends in Washington if they have a job for me so I can stop doing stuff like this?
JM: I told you Joe, I’ll look into it. Be there in 10 minutes.
This is what our city leaders are using their time for. Last year while teachers and principals were being assaulted at North High School Joe Petty didn’t do a thing. He’s done nothing to address the glaring problems we have with our DPW commissioner Paul Moosey. We’ve got needles left all over the place by junkies. The list goes on and on. And this is what they’re doing – attending meaningless crap like this and giving a small, insignificant culture their own special day because he lives to kiss Jim McGovern’s ass.
We urge you to support the Turtleboy Sponsors by doing business with them. Without them none of this is possible. Click on any of them to check out their sites or Facebook pages.
Wormtown Brewery, Union Tavern, Scavone Plumbing, Bennie’s Cafe, JJM Insurance, Smokestack Urban Barbecue, Attorney Michael Erlich, Smitty’s Tavern, Julio’s Liquors, Solarreviews.net, The Gun Parlor Range, Attorney Anthony Salerno, Harris Auto Body, Rotti Power Equipment in West Boylston
Want to have your business advert viewed over 2 million times per month? Email us at Turtleboysports@gmail.com for more information, and check out our website about types of advertising we offer.