Follow @TurtleboyNews on Twitter by clicking here.
Follow Turtleboy on Instagram by clicking here.
Want to advertise with Turtleboy? Email us at Turtleboysports@gmail.com for more information.
If you like free speech and want to support what we’re doing, feel free to donate to the Turtle fund:
Who remembers this brick house?
Her name is Rebecca Brodie, better known as “Old ThickDonald.” And she became Turtleboy famous for the following reasons:
- She was hoarding a bunch of animals in a small place in Holliston and as a result goats seemed to get free a lot. The Board of Health sent her a certified letter about the meeting regarding her property, and she refused to sign it. Then she played dumb and said she didn’t know there was a meeting.
- She shared pictures of the Holliston Police looking for the owner of the goats (her)
- She posted videos on Youtube of her goats easily scaling the “fence” to freedom
- Less than three weeks later she was making headlines in Plymouth, CT, as she was squatting on someone else’s property. Basically She realized Holliston was about to shut her down, so she found a random farm in Connecticut and moved right in without the owner’s permission. Then she wouldn’t leave. Normal.
- She then threatened criminal charges against the property owner for allegedly shutting off the water on his property.
- So how did the animals get there? Simple – Old ThickDonald jammed 11 goats in her SUV and wisely uploaded it to Youtube.
- In late August the State of Connecticut jumped in and seized a bunch of her animals which were living in neglect on a new farm in Lisbon.
At the Lisbon farm they found….
- A bunch of dead birds that didn’t get enough food
- Kid goats with the squirts
- A duck….in her car….that was bullied and beaten up by other ducks
- A bunch of chickens in unventilated cages in the summer heat where a bunch had died
- A goat died (one of the goats in tat video likely) when she was moving it from one farm to the other because she packed the thing up in her SUV like luggage
- She didn’t have any permits required to bring any of these emails into Connecticut
- Four kid goats in a box stall, acting “depressed, sick, and weak”
- Adult goats showing signs of emaciation
- Inadequate housing for laying hens, ducks, turkeys, and chickens
- A vet determined the goat had internal parasites
- So she got a cease and desist, left the farm that day, and came back three days later with moldy hay (I had no idea hay could get moldy).
Then she fled Lisbon on warrants and her barn burned down in Holliston, killing 47 of the 60 animals:
Turns out she ended up back in Holliston because a warrant was issued for her arrest in Connecticut in December for animal cruelty. She faces up to nine years in prison. Yet for some reason you can just drive a car into Massachusetts, kill 47 more animals, and not get arrested.
So now that you’re all caught up let’s talk about updates on Old ThickDonald.
Last month we were contacted by the Holliston Police Department and they were investigating complaints made by this woman whose recklessness led to the death of 47 animals. She had complained to HPD that we were threatening her and blah, blah, blah. In reality we simply reported the facts, the public reacted however they did, and this woman was rightfully called out for being a terrible human being. HPD was great about it, we explained what happened, and that was the end of that.
Then a billion people sent us this:
Rebecca Brodie for Holliston Board of Health The Holliston Board of Health is responsible for both protecting and promoting the well-being of Holliston residents. However, I believe that a health department can do more. We should strive to not only improve the town’s physical health, but also the social, environmental and emotional health of the community.
Our town needs to be more inclusive of those with differing abilities, objectives, opinions, and ideas. The Holliston Board of Health has an opportunity to set progressive and innovative health policies. I want to be a part of Holliston’s progress and hope to make a substantial impact on the well-being of our community. This is why I am running for the open position on the board of the Holliston Health Department in May’s upcoming town election.
As a lifelong advocate, I plan to bring my tenacity and creative problem solving to this position. I will also bring my skills as a certified mediator and attorney, and my experience working with numerous Boards of Health throughout Massachusetts. In the past, I have been critical of many decisions made by our health department; but I look forward to working with everyone at the Board of Health to improve life in Holliston for everyone. I believe that this job is too important to be overlooked. While I am currently running unopposed, my name will not be printed on the ballot.
That is why I am asking for voters to please write-in “Rebecca Brodie” for Board of Health on the May 22, 2018 town election.
Yup, she’s running to serve on the Board of Health!! Can’t make this stuff up people.
She wants to improve the social, environmental and emotional health of the community.
Just a reminder that her Holliston farm was declared a nuisance by the BOARD OF HEALTH:
“We’ve got (residents) walking the neighborhood (triggering) gag reflexes, as a result of walking behind this woman’s property,” Health Department Director Scott Moles told the Board of Selectmen Monday night.
She then refused to come to a meeting WITH THE BOARD OF HEALTH!!!
On Thursday, the Board of Health will meet in a continuance of a hearing on the property last month. The homeowner, Rebecca Brodie, did not attend last month’s hearing and claimed through email not to have received the notice. Moles said he sent her a certified letter, which he was told she refused to accept. He also tried to reach her by email without success. Brodie did not attend last night’s selectmen’s meeting.
And now she wants to be ON the Board of Health. Makes sense.
This was how her animals were living in Connecticut:
Now 47 animals are dead under her watch.
And now she wants to serve on the BOARD OF HEALTH!!
The craziest part is that she had no opponent until the press release yesterday. Word is she’s gonna have one now. But basically she was trying to sneak her way onto a board that she refused to even recognize the legitimacy of previously. A board that had sanctioned her for being such a threat to public health that people vomitted simply by walking by her property. No wonder she wanted to get on there – she was trying to sabotage it from the inside. She can’t be punished by the Board of Health if she’s on the Board of Health. And quite frankly, the last word that comes to mind when I look at Old ThickDonald is “Health.”