A year ago today we published our most infamous blog, which lives in lore today as “Busgate.” It’s come to define what Turtleboy Sports is all about because we called out the savage like behavior we saw in that video.
Ironically the woman who posted it did so thinking viewers would support her. But when we pointed out how:
- several parents believed that rules, such as kindergardeners being let off the bus first, didn’t apply to them
- the bus driver wasn’t letting the kids off the bus for their own safety
- the bus driver eventually had to leave the bus stop because she had other kids to drop off
- several of the parents were just plain assholes because they thought that rules shouldn’t apply to them and encouraged their children to jump out of the emergency exit
- the parents complete lack of parenting skills is the main reason why schools are filled with students who disrespect teachers and others who assault principals
- the people supporting the parents on social media were a fun collection of Worcester’s most illiterate degenerates sprinkled in with some level 3 sex offenders
The blog really took off after this because it struck a chord with decent, hard working people. Ya see, we’ve always watched people like this run amok from a distance and secretly wanted to give them a piece of our mind. But now you don’t have to do because Turtleboy does that for you. We’re sick of watching shitty parenting, shitty behavior, and shitty leadership, and we demand better. That is what the Turtleboy Sports Revolution is all about, and that is what Busgate brought to the public eye. If you haven’t read it, then read it. If you’ve already read it, then relive it again.