Want to have your business advert seen by over 500,000 people per month? Email us at Turtleboysports@gmail.com for more information, and check out our website about types of advertising we offer.
Check out our stuff on GoLocalWorcester
It’s time for the greatest tournament in the history of sports – March Madness. Obviously Turtleboy Sports will be having a bracket challenge. It doesn’t matter if you know jack didley about college basketball. The winners never do. It’s fun because you get to write in a bunch of names based on what you think sounds better. Then you get to watch as your picks beat schmucks like Turtleboy who watch college basketball religiously all year long.
To sign up click this link. The password for the league is “turtleboy” and it’s hosted by CBS Sports. Scoring is as follows:
- First round games are worth 1 point, multiplied by the seed of winning team. If you pick a 12 seed and they win it’s worth 12 points. A 5 seed is worth 5 points.
- 2nd round games are worth 2 points, PLUS the seed of the winning team. If you pick a 12 seed to make it to the Sweet 16 and they do, that is worth 14 points. If you pick a 4 seed to make it to the Sweet 16 it’s worth 6 points.
- Sweet 16 games are worth 4 points, PLUS the seed of the winning team.
- Elite 8 games are worth 8 points, PLUS the seed of the winning team.
- Final Four games are worth 14 points, PLUS the seed of the winning team.
- The Championship game is worth 20 points, PLUS the seed of the winning team.
The purpose of adding the seeds is to keep dooshnozzles from picking Kentucky. Any moron can pick Kentucky to win the whole thing. They’re the best college basketball team I’ve seen since the 1990 UNLV jailbreak squad. But last year’s championship game was a 7 vs 8 seed (UConn-Kentucky). Someone actually had that last year and kicked everyone’s ass because the seeds kept getting added every time those teams won a game.
You might be asking, what’s the fucking point Turtleboy? Well there’s something on the line worth more than money – leftover Turtleboy Sports St. Patrick’s Day T-shirts. They don’t have a year on them so you can wear them next year too, and the year after that!! Tentatively I’m going to say that the top 10% of finshers get a free t-shirt, regardless of whether or not you paid the $20. But if 5 million people join this thing that’s not happening. I’m not made of t-shirts.
So sign on up. Here’s the link one more time. The league password is “turtleboy.” March Madness. Ride it.