We urge you to support the Turtleboy Sponsors by doing business with them. Without them none of this is possible: Wormtown Brewery, Union Tavern, Scavone Plumbing, Bennie’s Cafe, Craftech Restoration, JJM Insurance, Smokestack Urban Barbecue, Attorney Michael Erlich, H-S Trading Firearms, Smitty’s Tavern, Julio’s Liquors, HomeWarrantyReports.com, The Gun Parlor Range, 3B Auto, Attorney Anthony Salerno, O’Connor Insurance 24-7, Monster Movers, Firesafe Chimney Services, The Law Office Of Joseph J. Carigila, Skyhook Tree And Sons
Want to have your business advert seen by over 1.2 million people per month? Email us at Turtleboysports@gmail.com for more information, and check out our website about types of advertising we offer. Want to make money real fast? We will pay you cash if you bring us advertisers.
The Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education released their latest chart yesterday, showing how suspension rates were substantially decreased in Worcester:
Look, this is really simple – anyone who thinks this is a good thing is a moron. This chart represents EVERYTHING that is wrong with public education. Here’s some of the bigger problems:
- The easiest way to show that you’re reducing suspension rates is to stop suspending kids who should be suspended. As a result you keep the assholes in the school and they continue to disrupt classrooms and assault Vice Principals, teachers, and other students.
- Teachers at all of these schools can tell you horror stories about students they have kicked out of class repeatedly, only to have them right back in their class the next day because gutless administrators are so obsessed with having a nice bar graph to show Melinda Boone.
- The Telegram and Gazette eats this shit up:
- This is EXACTLY why they juke the stats – because they know the Telegram won’t investigate how the data got this way. They’re just looking for headlines like this. Make no doubt about it – Lisa Dyer and Carenza Jackson have already cut this out, framed it, and put it on their walls.
- The school that had the biggest reduction in suspensions, by cutting them in half, was North High School. What else do you need to know? North High School was anarchy last year. It’s run by a PC moron who thinks the biggest problem they face are English teachers who say that they’re color blind when they look at their students. This is the same principal who called in sick to work four weeks in a row at the end of the year and put her teachers in direct physical danger by not removing students who were constant behavior problems.
- This is Lisa Dyer and Melinda Boone’s “Accountability Plan” from last year. Some of their primary goals they listed were to reduce suspension rates, improve graduation rates, and enroll more students in AP. The new buzzword is “restorative justice,” which is codeword for “don’t suspend assholes.”
- When they say “goals” they really mean “mandates.” How do you get more kids in AP? Throw 9th graders in AP Chemistry, which they have no shot of passing. How do you increase graduation rates? Give teachers bad evaluations if they fail too many kids. How do you decrease suspension rates? “Restorative justice.”
- Charts like this employ hundreds of thousands of people in the education-industrial complex. Every single school district in this state had their data scrutinized, assembled, and put into this chart. Think of all the useless hacks they had to hire to compile all this data. It was SOOO important that this chart show that suspension rates were down because that’s how people like Melinda Boone come to power. Anyone who puts ANY value in a chart like this is a threat to public education and should be publicly humiliated. Because Turtleboy is not gonna stand here and watch gutless, $200,000 administrators continue to ruin our schools for personal gain.
- Doherty High School was the only one that saw an increase in any sort of suspension rates, by increasing in-house suspensions from 11 to 13%. Trust me, they’re gonna get a stern talking to. Sally Maloney and company will be approached in the near future (if they haven’t already) by Marco Rodriguez and the Circlejerk, and they will be sold a can of Keesha LaTulippe’s world famous diversity training at their next professional development day. Keep in mind, this is a school that employs Bernard Reese, a VP who is selling a book that says that white teachers can’t effectively teach black students. He is going to make an announcement sometime in the near future that they have to clean their chart up by decreasing suspensions for students of color. Teachers will realize that this will make their jobs a million times harder, and they will groan. Unfortunately their union president is in bed with the Petty/Circlejerk machine, so they’ll just have to take that one on the chin.
The bottom line is that data ruins police departments and public schools. It leads people to draw conclusions by looking at gross numbers, instead of looking at how the numbers got that way. Turtle riders are smart enough to look at this chart and see it for what it is – manipulated. The same could be done with the police. If they stop arresting people it will make it look on paper that crime is going down. But it’s not. Because shitbags will always be shitbags, and keeping them in school or not arresting them won’t fix diddley poo.
We urge you to support the Turtleboy Sponsors by doing business with them. Without them none of this is possible. Click on any of them to check out their sites or Facebook pages.
Want to have your business advert seen by over 1.2 million people per month? Email us at Turtleboysports@gmail.com for more information, and check out our website about types of advertising we offer.