I rarely use IG, and mostly use it to upload pics of my crotch fruits when my Facebook page is suspended, and I never message anyone on it. But after last night’s blog calling out the vicious assault at Leominster High School that was recorded and uploaded to SnapFace, my inbox on IG blew up with what appears to be LHS kids calling me a racist by using a doctored photo of something I never said.
It’s on the Twitter and Facebook machines too.
I’m not going to rip these kids apart because at the end of the day they’re just stupid kids. I taught high school for 11 years, and I dealt with kids who said dumb things all the time. As the adult it’s my job to take this opportunity to teach them why they’re wrong. I realize that 10 years from now these kids will be embarrassed by the dumb things they’re saying now.
- Obviously I didn’t post the racist comment that’s being put up there. As you can see, it doesn’t say my name next to it. More than likely one of these trolls wrote that in the comments themselves, screenshotted it, and blamed it on me. Classic SJW trick that only an Internet novice would fall for.
- Calling people dirtbag criminals when they violently assault other people who have their head down isn’t racist or hate speech. It’s an opinion, and one that most reasonable people would agree with.
- Hate speech, racism, and prejudice are all legal. Discrimination isn’t, but the First Amendment protects your right to be an ignorant, racist dooshnozzle.
- The fact that so many of these kids are victim blaming (“he used racial slurs”) without providing any evidence, is pretty troubling. If these kids can watch that video and not be disturbed by it then they need serious counseling.
- If you wanna prove to me that you’re on the side of good here, you probably shouldn’t threaten me in your messages. Just sayin.
- This screenshot comes from Stormfront.org, as you can see in the URL. That’s a forum for white nationalists, where people are discussing this viral video. It has nothing to do with Turtleboy, and there doesn’t even appear to be a link to Turtleboy there, not that that matters since we can’t control where our content is shared. Why are you kids even on white nationalist chat forums?
I hope this was educational for your students, because based on your overall understanding of the First Amendment and your lack of reading comprehension, you’ve got a lot of learning that needs to be done.
Please consider supporting local journalism by donating to the Turtle fund:
Hello Turtle Riders. As you know if you follow Turtleboy we are constantly getting censored and banned by Facebook for what are clearly not violations of their terms of service. Twitter has done the same, and trolls mass reported our blog to Google AdSense thousands of times, leading to demonitization. We can get by and survive, but we could really use your help. Please consider donating by hitting the PayPal button above if you’d like support free speech and what we do in the face of Silicon Valley censorship. Or just buy our award winning book about the dangers of censorship and rise of Turtleboy: