Have a tip for a story? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter by clicking here.
Follow us on Instagram by clicking here.
Follow and like the Turtleboy Sports Forever Facebook page to keep up with the hilarious turtle rider commentary.
Want to advertise with Turtleboy? Email us at Turtleboysports@gmail.com for more information.
Everyone and their mother is talking about teachers carrying guns. It’s literally all I’m seeing on my Facebook and Twitter feeds. Personally, we like to avoid politics as much as possible, but it’s pretty unavoidable at this point so lets talk about it. I think it’s a dumb idea and will create more problems and more fatalities than we currently have. Here’s why……
- Teachers by and far don’t want guns in school. Most teachers are liberals. They’re not the gun type.
- Have you seen some of the teachers at your kid’s schools? Do you remember some of the weirdos you had in your elective classes? Especially the art and French teachers? You wanna give some of these people guns? Just no.
- What happens if no teachers at your kid’s school feel comfortable with a gun in their class? Are we gonna make them carry guns? Because if not then we’re right where we started.
- There are millions of public school teachers in this country, and tens of millions of students. Do you understand how many incidents involving guns there will be if teachers are armed in every building? Sure, most teachers with guns would likely be responsible and carry it on their person. But if just 0.01% of teachers weren’t responsible, or kept their gun in their desk when they went to lunch, that would be 320 times a gun would get into the hands of the wrong person.
- You see all the time trained police officers getting their guns stolen from them by criminals. Those are cops. Generally speaking they are big, strong men. Now imagine your kid’s art teacher trying to stop an 18 year old male student from taking their gun from them.
- What’s gonna happen the first time a gun is accidentally discharged in a building and someone gets shot? Because I can pretty much guarantee you that will happen. Lots and lots of times. Once again, there are 3.2 million teachers in this country. It’s just a statistical fact that this will happen frequently. We have a school shooting every once in a while right now. If we give teachers guns there will be accidents on a semi-daily basis.
- Teachers didn’t sign up to be cops. They signed up to teach. Let them do their jobs.
- If you train a teacher to be both a police officer and a teacher are you going to pay them two salaries? Because you probably should. Are we willing to pay substantially more in taxes to cover this? I’m not.
- If I was a teacher I wouldn’t need a law to tell me that I’m allowed to bring a gun to school. I’d just do it anyway and not tell anyone. I’m sure plenty of teachers already do. Hide that shit really good, know where it is at all times, have it locked up. If you get the alarm that you have an active shooter in the school then you take the gun out, kill the bad guy, and you’re the hero. Then no one cares that you violated protocol because you just saved a bunch of kids from dying. Problem solved.
- Your kid is still much more likely to be eaten by bears or killed by a swarm of bees than he or she is to be killed in a mass shooting. The media makes you believe these things are far more common than they actually are. They’re not. Every time your kid gets on a school bus or a car and goes to school they are infinitely more likely to die than they are from a school shooter.
- It’s kind of like how black lives matter wastes so much time complaining about the statistical anomaly of cops killing innocent unarmed black men. We’re spending all this time talking about how to prepare ourselves for something that will almost certainly NEVER HAPPEN!! If we were really concerned about saving lives of children we’d be forcing school buses to have seat belts and banning kids from driving until they’re 18, instead of talking about banning guns and arming teachers.
Here’s a couple more unsolicited thoughts about the aftermath of the Parkland shooting….
- CNN is once again pushing an agenda and proving that they’re not real news. I’ve seen the same five kids on TV over and over again, despite over 3,000 kids going to this school. If CNN were serious about a debate over gun control then they’d be inviting up kids who didn’t think banning the AR-15 is the solution to school shootings. Instead they’re pushing this bullshit narrative that all kids agree with liberals when it comes to gun control.
- Every single one of the kids that CNN is parading in front of the cameras was pro gun control before the shooting. It proves nothing that they’re pro gun control now. You wanna impress me? Find a kid who was anti-gun control before the shooting and is pro-gun control now. That would at least be interesting.
- If you’re one of the legions of idiots who is accusing these kids of being crisis actors, I’m embarrassed for you. You have no idea how dumb you look to smart people like me. Seriously, you look Didi Delgado dumb. You think the left embarrasses themselves when they go over the top? This is a million times more embarrassing than anything any social justice warrior has ever done. Ever. Just stop.
Crisis Actors, it's a real thing…. they're getting' sloppy, these actors are getting' caught more and more at multiple events now.. pic.twitter.com/5ql0p2eeUq
— Jim Eastridge (@jimEastridge1) February 23, 2018
- It’s disgusting the way the left is using kids to push their agenda. Kids are not articulate. They’re not refined. They’re not policy experts. They might be someday, but they’re not now. Yes, it sucks what they went through, but surviving a tragedy like this does not make you a political expert on anything.
- Not once did CNN try to put a panel together after an incident involving an immigrant or a refugee who killed an American citizen. Not once did CNN parade a bunch of kids in front of the cameras to cry about the need to stop refugees from coming here after two refugees killed 8 year old Martin Richard at the Boston Marathon. CNN is only interested in parading kids in front of the cameras when they are pushing the agenda they want.
- The upcoming school walkout is just an excuse for kids to skip school. Any adult supporting it is an asshole, and they’re only doing so because it fits their political agenda. If millions of kids wanted to walk out of school to demand that the government build a wall on the Mexican border or protest abortion, none of them would be supporting it. We don’t get to encourage truancy in this country simply because students are fired up about a political issue that we happen to agree with.
- Making the voting age 16 because allegedly these kids on TV are so smart and enlightened, might be the dumbest idea I’ve ever heard. And the only reason liberals want to lower the voting age is obvious – they know younger people tend to be more liberal. It’s just such an obvious ploy. Most 18 year olds are dumbasses. That number only increases the younger you go.
- I’m all for doing whatever it takes to make schools safer, but “do something” isn’t a solution. It’s just people with no solutions being lazy.
Now back to our regularly scheduled program of exposing corruption and hunting ratchet.