So if you haven’t heard the news, the Worcester Police were called to the Pennywise on the corner of Main and May Street on Wednesday and were forced to use a taser on an out of control man who was trashing the place and trying to assault officers. He died today. Our thoughts on this are very, very simple – the police did the right thing and anyone who thinks otherwise is a poopsmooch.
Here’s a run down of what we know happened:
- Wilmer Delgado-Soba, 38 of Fitchburg, was going on a rampage inside the Pennywise, destroying items and causing a huge disruption.
- Police were called and tried to calm the man down several times by talking to him, but he was unresponsive.
- When police asked him to leave the store he began to charge at them and start swinging. At this point he was tased, but it appeared to have little effect.
- The owner of the store says that the police tried everything they could to talk the man down, believes they were given no choice but to tase the man, and even then said that it took three police officers to subdue him.
- While on the stretcher to the hospital her tried to attack medics several times.
- The police believe he was on drugs.
- He died later on, but there has been no autopsy to firmly declare what the cause of death was.
- He has a past history of violence with a case worker in 2008:
Seems like a pretty open and shut case. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the man was on a bender and/or he’s got a mental illness. Those are the culprits here. It’s obviously unfortunate that this man had to die. But mental illness and drug abuse are problems that are going to plague humanity for the rest of time. All the social programs in the world won’t be able to stop it from happening.
As for the police, they just play the hand they’re dealt. Their number one job every night is to come home alive. They don’t know if the guy acting insane inside a store has a knife or a gun, and they shouldn’t have to find out the hard way. It’s really simple – when the police tell you to do something, you do it. If you choose not to listen to them, you’re taking a big gamble and there’s a chance you might die. Don’t wanna die? Do what the police ask you to do. Boom. Police brutality solved.
My biggest problem is with the way the Telegram chose to headline their story on it:
Shot with taser? Is that even proper English? Isn’t the verb they are looking for “tased” not “shot?” Typical Telegram and Gazette being page view whores. It’s what they do best. They obviously wrote that title to get people all juiced up about a police shooting. Luckily we’ve been immune to this, but you know KNOW the hippies are looking for a reason to blame this on the police. If they get the hippies going they might protest. And if the hippies protest it will lead to pageviews. But please, keep telling us how Turtleboy Sports is the clickbait.
Look what RBG already posted on the Communities United Collective (AKA Mosaic Cultural Complex) Facebook page already:
Classic. These people literally LIVE to make the job of the police a million times harder. The CUC Facebook is updated like 30 times a day with anti-cop propaganda, because you KNOW RBG hasn’t had a job in years. Might as well scour the internet looking for a reason to second guess the police. But the answer to his question is simple – yes, property damage constitutes force. Because asking nicely and saying pretty please turned out to be ineffective.
As for assholes of the day, it goes to these two buttnuts:
Richard Poole is the worst hippie you’ve never heard about. His “fuck the police” policy is pretty much representative of the idiots we’ve been pandering to for the last nine months now. I’d pay good money to watch this genius try to be a cop for one day. Guarantee the first guy who gets lippy with him makes him shit his pants and he shoots the bastard in self-defense.
The bottom line is, it doesn’t really matter what happened in that store. No matter what an aggressive civilian is dead and a police officer had something to do with it. The hippies don’t need any more information than that. Prepare for the protests, and we’ll see you at 41 Piedmont Street for milk and cookies afterwards!!!