Michael Gaffney Is Suing Turtleboy Because Our Blog Not Endorsing Him Hurt His Feelz, Cost Him The Election, And We “Lied” About Our Page Views
Want to advertise with Turtleboy? Email us at [email protected] for more information.
Turtleboy has been a long time supporter of former Worcester City Councilor Michael Gaffney. We liked that he wasn’t afraid to take on a corrupt political machine and go after fraudulent non-profits like Mosaic Cultural Complex that had been bilking the taxpayer for years. We’d written about him glowingly many times because for the first time ever a City Councilor was actually doing the people’s work, which is why we called him the “People’s Councilor.”
Gaffney told us privately several times how important the blog was for his rise to the Vice Chairman of the Council. He was smart and latched onto the turtle and in return he went from 6th place in 2013 to 2nd place in 2015, nearly beating out the Mayor himself.
But then things started to get weird. He started making this cringeworthy “Cheers” videos (that he has taken down in embarrassment as soon as he lost the most recent election) in which he basically tried to become Turtleboy. The problem is his voice is annoying, he’s not funny, he’s socially awkward, and he came across as pretentious ad douchey to everyone who watched it. But it was OK because we didn’t care if he was a weirdo who looked like Rand Paul and Eminem’s love child, so long as his politics were good.
Finally the last straw for us was when he announced he wasn’t going to run for City Council just a few weeks before the election and urged people not to vote for him. Then he changed his mind and told people to vote for him anyway because he misinterpreted this flier from the Democratic City Committee and managed to turn himself into a victim:
The WDCC was reminding voters not to vote for Mike, and used his own words to let them know that HE did not want their vote, in case they were inclined to vote for him anyway. On the other side they gave their endorsements. Naturally Mike chose to believe that this was their way of insinuating that he was endorsing a bunch of people he hated, which never made any sense to anyone.
We were gonna have him on Turtleboy Live that week but cancelled because he was a joke at this point and we no longer wanted anything to do with him. When the election came he went down in flames, which made it clear that the reason he “dropped out” was because his ego wouldn’t be able to handle a straight up last place finish.
Well, because we wrote those two blogs, Gaffney is now suing Turtleboy:
To sum it up why he is suing:
- On September 7 Gaffney told us he wasn’t going to run for office and was dropping out to move to Florida. We told him he was abandoning his supporters but he’s an adult so do what you gotta do. We also told him that if he did we’d have to criticize him for it. He did not like this.
- We figured he was just doing this so people would beg him not leave so he could stroke his ego a little more. Turns out we were right and he never announced he was dropping out.
- We told some people about it and word got out to other City Councilors.
- On October 16 Gaffney dropped out of the race officially. We told him that it would be perceived as him running away, which is exactly how people perceived it.
- According to Gaffney tons of other people felt the same way about the flier that he did, therefore he was right and we were wrong.
- Mike’s wife Coreen was in a private Facebook message group that someone named “turtle group” because it’s all Turtleboy OG fans. She screenshotted everything and gave it to her loser husband because they have no life. In the conversation on November 1 other people in the group disagreed with the “Defendants” that he overreacted to the flier. Keep in mind, one of the people in the group was his wife Coreen.
- We posted in the group several times that we still thought Gaffney would sneak into one of the 6 seats anyway.
- On November 2 Gaffney messaged us to tell us about his latest Cheers video about State Rep John Mahoney. We said, “lol, nice.” Therefore in his diluted mind we were telling him that we thought his Cheers videos were awesome!!
- On November 3 someone else in the turtle group said they agreed with Gaffney about the flier, therefore it’s libelous for us to suggest otherwise.
- On November 5 we commented on Gaffney’s page, disagreeing that the flier was trying to suggest what he said it did. He took down our comment because he said it made Turtleboy “look stupid.”
- We messaged him and asked why and told him that we were going to write a pre-election blog and because he was being a whiny little bitch who had clearly lost his mind, we would no longer be endorsing him.
- We published this blog on November 5, which he claims is deformation of character. In the blog we state that everyone thinks the Cheers videos suck, which is a scientific fact. This was “libelous” because one time in the group chat someone in the group said they were good.
- He’s claiming we removed a blog that previously endorsed his Cheers videos, which is just a bold faced lie. It’s sad how much he loved those videos and how much it hurt his feelz when we pointed out how bad they were.
- Turtleboy only published the blog shitting on Gaffney because we were secretly working with Councilor Moe Bergman, who was “struggling in the polls” against Gaffney, even though we routinely shit on Councilor Bergman. Gaffney ended up losing to him by 3,600 votes, which was obviously our fault for libeling him.
- Our article “suppressed the vote” for Gaffney. In a race that he had already announced he was dropping out of. The man is mentally unhinged ladies and gentlemen!!
- On November 8 we published this blog about the election results. This was defamatory because we opined that the real reason Gaffney announced he was dropping out was because he knew he couldn’t win. We also pointed out that everyone he was associated with did poorly too, because he dragged others down with him. And most importantly, they destroyed all the good things they had done. Apparently he thinks this is “libelous.”
- Because of our blogs Gaffney was “injured in his business, political capital, and reputation and suffered pain and mental anguish.” Ya got that? We criticized him for the first time and he got “mental anguish.” HAHAHHAHAHAH. What a LOSER!!
- He’s also suing us for fraud because he thinks we lied to him about our page views. We charged him $300 a month for an ad for his law firm on our site, and told him that we could deliver 1.2 million page views, which was around what we were getting when he first came on.
- According to Gaffney an “online review indicates that Turtleboysports.com gets much less than that per month. Except here is a Google Analytics screenshot of our page views month by month this year:
- Turns out we get WAY more than 1.2 million per month. In April it was 4 million. The rest of the months were closer to 2.5 million.
- The fact that this IDIOT is dumb enough to believe that he can access a site’s page views by using some free bullshit service he found on Google is absolutely adorable. God he’s stupid.
- Nevertheless because he thinks we didn’t give him 1.2 million views, he’s suing us for the $1,800 he paid us, because this is “fraud.”
You can’t make this shit up people. The man has completely lost it. It’s actually sad to see his fall from grace because he once did great work.
But the thing with Gaffney is, he has no friends and he’s the most sensitive person on earth. That’s why he freaked out and threatened to sue everyone who said anything bad about him in the press. Like how he was going to sue the WDCC for the flier:
Notice he has a cat in his profile picture. That’s because Gaffney is a sad, lonely, unloved, childless man with too much time and money on his hands. His wife definitely wanted to have kids (he’s told us several times) but he wouldn’t give one to her because bearing children is an unselfish act, and Gaffney is the most selfish person we have ever interacted with. Ever.
Obviously this lawsuit isn’t going anywhere. Mike knows that. He knows he has no case. He knows this isn’t libel. He’s just trying to inconvenience us and be a dick while we’re dealing with Facebook bullshit because it’s who he is at his core. He’s a soulless, lonely, vindictive, sad, sorry, pathetic excuse for a human being. He once mattered when he was a city councilor, but now he’s just irrelevant.
And honestly, we knew he was a douchey for a while now. But we put up with his embarrassing personal behavior because his politics were good. For instance, when he started posting stuff like this:
Ten reps, five sets!!
We put up with this because he was going after Mosaic at the same time. So we could care less if he’s a weirdo narcissist who makes his wife photograph him while he’s lifting weights in the basement before uploading them to Facebook. As if anyone is impressed by this.
We put up with the fact that he thought we all thought he was so cool because he constantly posted pictures of his fancy sports car, which he named “Ellis”:
We put up with it because he, along with Konnie Lukes, were the only ones fighting the machine.
But after he quit he was useless. Our relationship was business only. And that’s what made him sad – he realized that despite his work on the council, he still had no friends.
FYI, this was bits and pieces of our convo that he is using to sue us. His feelz were really hurt that we didn’t want him ranting on Turtleboy Live about his conspiracies:
He called it a “dagger in the back” by not endorsing him, and claimed it’s “not a good look” for the blog not to endorse him:
You can’t make shit shit up.
Then he played the “but I paid you for ads’ card:
Which he again claimed would “kill your brand”:
Gaffney previously sued crazy ol’ Gordon Davis and Rosalie Tirella for libel, and Gordon was gonna make someone from Turtleboy come into court and testify as to the identity of all Turtleboy bloggers as part of the lawsuit. Except there’s just one problem – Coreen wrote at least one blog for us. She was a Turtleboy blogger. We’d have to testify that his wife was Turtleboy. And he didn’t wanna do that so he dropped the suit. According to him this was doing us a favor.
He really DID NOT want the article published so finally he played the, “but we’re friends” card:
Sorry Mike, you have no friends. Because you’re kind of a piece of shit who only thinks about himself.
And honestly, his wife Coreen is just as bad, if not worse.
If you saw some of the things in our group message that she said it would blow your mind. A good wife puts a leash on her husband. If you saw your husband embarrassing himself with those Cheers videos, you’d have to tell him to cut the shit. Not Coreen though. Her and Mike bragged about the 310 views they got!!!
And of course who do you think was filming those? It was likely her idea in the first place. If you think he’s bad, wait till you see the blog we could write about her.
Oh, and there’s more. And Mike knows there’s more. There’s been rumors going around for a looonnnnngggg time about Mike’s personal life and alleged infidelity, which many believe was the reason he dropped out of the race. We got EVERYTHING on that. But we don’t have to go there Mike. Nobody wants that. At the same time nobody wants this lawsuit either. Don’t put your wife through this. Don’t put you know who through this. For the first time in your sad, pathetic life, it’s time to swallow your pride and think about someone else besides yourself.
P.S. He chose to sue us in Dudley District Court. Guess who the judge is there? LOL. What a maroon!!