Everyone pretends to care about the environment, unless it’s being protected at the farm down the street and you are slightly inconvenienced by it.
Want to advertise with Turtleboy? Email us at [email protected] for more information, and check out our website about types of advertising we offer.
Shit’s going down in Northboro. No seriously, shit’s going down:
Look at this shit!! pic.twitter.com/nRxkkOdMM3
— Party Waren Kebber (@WebbDawgTG) December 12, 2016
So here’s a quick rundown of the story.
- Davidian Family farms has been in Northboro for almost 100 years. Since then more and more homes have been built near it.
- The Department of Agricultural Resources put in some regulations that were intended to protect the environment from big businesses dumping their waste by forcing them to turn it into compost.
- The Davidian farm takes this compost and uses it to enrich the soil they grow fruits and vegetables that they sell, and consequently the farm has a long growing season and doesn’t have to use large amounts of chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
- As a result the farm has these gigantic piles of shit, neighbors are complaining about the potential contamination of well water, the smell, flies, birds, noise, traffic, sinking property value, headaches, pediatric asthma, and overall nastiness that is associated with gigantic piles of shit.
- State Senator Harriet Chandler is basically siding with the neighbors and wants to put forward a bill that would put a different agency (DEP) in charge of regulating composting farms like Davidian.
- If the DEP was in charge of regulation is would allow local towns to decide whether or not farms can do what Davidian is currently doing. But as we’ve seen with stuff like casinos and marijuana, towns will almost definitely vote NOT to allow this practice to continue.
So let’s be perfectly clear here – we’re siding with the farm. Why? They were there first. If you choose to move into a home that’s near a farm, you don’t get to complain about nasty smells. Take a trip to the town of Hadley sometime. The entire town is insanely busy Route 9, and a bunch of farms. The second you leave Route 9 all you can smell is shit. I’ve never smelt a smellier town than Hadley. And because of that I would never choose to buy a home in Hadley. When you buy a home, these are the kind of things you’re supposed to take into account. Don’t wanna smell cow shit? Don’t move next to a farm. Problem solved.
And OF COURSE Harriet Chandler is on the wrong side of this. She’s a million years old and borderline senile.
She was one of 20 State Senators who voted against funding bulletproof vests for police officers, on the day in which Ron Tarentino’s wake was held.
But she had no problem making an appearance for the cameras at the funeral.
This is a woman who knows jackshit about farming. She’s just here to appease a bunch of whiny people who chose to live next to a family farm and don’t like the consequences of their decision. This is why Massachusetts can’t have nice things. Because people like Harriette Chandler represent us.
The bottom line is that everyone pretends to care about the environment, unless the environment is being protected in their backyards. It’s the same reason our state voted to have casinos 8 years ago, but every time a town has a vote on whether or not to allow a casino, they always vote No. Because people want all this magical shit to happen, they just don’t want their lives to be inconvenienced by it in the least.
We urge you to support the Turtleboy Sponsors by doing business with them. Without them none of this is possible. Click on any of them to check out their sites or Facebook pages.