Follow and Subscribe to Turtleboy podcasts on SoundCloud or iTunes by clicking here.
Want to advertise with Turtleboy? Email us at Turtleboysports@gmail.com for more information.
If you like free speech and want to support what we’re doing, feel free to donate to the Turtle fund:
Hello Turtle Riders. As you know if you follow Turtleboy we are constantly getting by Facebook for what are clearly not violations of their terms of service. Twitter has done the same, and trolls mass reported our blog to Google AdSense thousands of times, leading to demonitization. We can get by and survive, but we could really use your help. Please consider donating by hitting the PayPal button above if you’d like support free speech and what we do in the face of Silicon Valley censorship.
The Geoff Diehl police are going to make my head explode this morning. We endorsed Shiva and these people are losing their minds. Just to be clear – we like Geoff Diehl. And I’d gladly vote for him if this election was going to be close, but facts matter. And we’re not a republican safe space that’s going to tell you that everything is going to be alright. It’s not. We live in a horrible, horrible state filled with horrible people who elect other horrible people. Real Clear Politics is an unbiased collection that averages poll results together. Here’s where Diehl stands right now:
Down 25 points. No one in the history of politics has ever won an election down 25 points on election day. Ever. Again, facts don’t care about your feelings. That’s why comments like this are so dumb:
She’s polling at 56%. If every single person who votes for Shiva voted for Diehl instead, she would still be up over double digits in the polls. This is very, very, very simple math.
Then there’s the “Yea but Trump was losing in the polls too” nudniks.
Trump was down 3 points nationally in the polls. He lost the national popular vote by 2. The polls were insanely accurate for that election.
Polls deviate from a mean, but 25 points is like 8 or 9 standard deviations away. Anyone with a basic understanding of how statistics work, understands that you have a better shot at winning the lottery than Diehl does at winning this election.
Oh, and let’s talk about Trump. Here’s how he did in Massachusetts compared to his polling:
She led by 29 in the polls and won by 27. Again, the polls are insanely accurate. It doesn’t matter how many people you talked to who hate her, or how many Diehl yard signs you see, the reality is that the population is concentrated in Cambridge, Boston, Brookline, New Bedford, Fall River, and other God forsaken cities, and they will vote overwhelmingly for her because she’s from the party that hands out free shit. Again, FACKS matter.
Poor Todd just wasn’t understanding this VERY simple concept.
No idiot. Trump was down 3 points in the polls and won. But I guess someone has to fill in the seats on the Turtleboy short bus.
Here’s some of the well thought out political commentary people have posted on our page:
No genius, Shiva did not lose the primary, because his name wasn’t on the ballot in the primary. He’s running as an independent.
Of course Shiva will get less votes than Diehl. We endorsed Shiva because neither has any shot so you might as well vote for the guy who actually threw haymakers at her.
Todd wanted to talk about math:
Here’s some math for you Todd. When one candidate gets 56% of the vote, it means they will get more votes than the rest of the candidate combined. It’s mind boggling that people are this willfully stupid.
Someone please just kill me now. I really need to get off this ride. I can’t believe any of these people graduated form high school. Again 56% means 56 out of 100. This leaves only 44% of voters. If every single one of them voted for Diehl, he would still lose by double digits. It’s really, really sad that this has to be explained to adults.
Wait….what? I voted for Trump because he did what Diehl wouldn’t do – throw punches.
Finally there’s the people telling us we’re dumb for writing in Turtleboy for governor:
Wrong. If you vote for an asshole like Charlie Baker simply because he is the lesser of two evils than it is you who is stupid. You’re also a slave to the two party system, so congrats on that. Oh, and Charlie Baker is not a Republican in any way, shape, or form.
Ya know what’s a joke? An election where one guy is ahead of the other guy by forty points:
That’s a fucking joke. Ya know what else is a joke? People who think a protest vote in an election where one candidate is leading the other by 40 means you’re not taking it seriously.
It’s OK turtle riders. You come here for facts. We know what we’re talking about and you don’t. When the election results come in exactly as we told you they will we won’t rub it in your face. Just understand that we are right and you are wrong. The end.