What’s with all the hate people? Look, I understand some of you aren’t going to agree with everything we say over here at TurtleBoy Sports. Our business model is pretty clear – offer strong opinions about all things sports and entertainment. Also known as “hot takes.”
You’re free to completely disagree with everything we have to say, and we support your right to share those thoughts in the comments and tell us how wrong we are. (Although it’s strange that you would repeatedly come back and give us page views by doing so.)
But unfortunately now we have to censor the comments section. As you know, TurtleBoy Sports is a family blog. We don’t tolerate debauchery. Here are some of the comments recently posted, that never quite made it onto the blog.
“You love to fling dung all over other people’s home towns (all the lovely things you say about Buffalo) but you can’t stand it when someone says something (or 10) about your crappy home town.”
Newsflash: We started this blog to voice our opinions about all things New England, but we are particularly Worcester-centric. Picture somebody making a “10 Things I Hate About Worcester” video, and then us NOT responding to that. We’d be complete sellouts. I could stand what she said, if they were valid points. But yellow fire hydrants and people on wheelchairs? Yea sorry, that merited a response.
“Fact: you’re furious, I’m lauging. I win.
Fact #2: This is a blog whih repeatedly bashes other people in an unprovoked and politically incorrect fashion- yet you only have a problem when it’s about something that hits close to home for you. So who’s the insiginifcant ignorant being now? You lose again!”
Fact #3: Everything we write about is provoked. We merely respond to the provocation. If people didn’t do idiotic things, then we’d have nothing to write about.
“Take my comment down??? You are a coward. You bash and entire city and its population so freely and unprovoked just after multiple angry posts when someone did the same to your city. You are a hypocritical, cowardly troll. You are the definition of gutless. Expose yourself to the world, you cowardly sack of excrement. Stop hiding behind internet walls.”
“You are the definition of a coward. You have no guts. You have no soul. You are the root of all things that are wrong with society. With this world. I want more than you can imagine to see you exposed to the world. I want the world to know who you are and what your name is, so you can no longer cyber bully from the safe confines of a computer screeen. I want to see you face to face and watch you quiver in fear as I ask you if you have the balls to say even half the things you say online to the faces of the people you offend. I’m waiting for this oppurtunity you worthless, lowlife, scubmag sack of excrement. Show yourself, for you are the ultimate gutless wonder. You are pitiful, you embarass yourself and the city you claim to defend. You embarass UMAss, you embarass New England. You are despicable, disgusting and indefensible.”
This one came from someone with the email email@example.com and an IP address of 184.108.40.206. I’m not a computer guy, since I’m just a boy on a turtle. If anyone has any idea what that IP address means, I’d love to know, since this is what they wrote.
I am going to find you and kill you. Not with kindness. I know what you look like, where you work, where you hang out. Good luck looking over your shoulder everyday.
The bottom line is, if you don’t like what you’re reading, then go read the USA Today. We offer opinions over here, and last time I checked this is America, and we’re free to voice those opinions. We don’t beat around the bush over either, and we tell it like it is. Here’s a quick rundown of our opinions. If you don’t like them, cool. If you do, also cool.
- Boston sports are the best on the planet, and everyone who hates on our teams (particularly the Patriots) is a jealous malcontent.
- Buffalo is an awesome place to visit, but a terrible, terrible place to live.
- The Yankees suck.
- Gish Jen is the antichrist, and Cambridge is an embarrassment to our great state.
- Boston Marathon “truthers” are the lowest form of life possible.
- St. Bonaventure is by far the biggest joke going in college basketball, and their fans are vile, cast-iron creatures.
- The Boston Globe is a terrible newspaper.
- Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning and it’s not even really close.
- Boston College….LOL.
- Connecticut is a useless, cut through states, and unless you live there or went to school there, you are a fraud if you root for them in basketball.
- UMass basketball is life, and they’re returning to their glory years.
- People who sue their college basketball coaches because they’re “mean” represent everything that is wrong with society.
- People who sue their parents when they don’t let them do whatever they want are crappy people.
- Doctors who tell their patients they need to lose weight aren’t “fat shaming.”
- College kids who protest America-themed Olympic hockey parties should try living in a country with real problems.
- If you don’t think a gay player coming out of the closet is an important story to report, then you are a blowhard.
- The Lunenburg mother who spray painted racist graffiti on her house and ruined an entire town’s reputation in the process, should be in jail, and certainly shouldn’t have custody of any children.
- The worst states in America are Florida, Connecticut, California, Ohio, and New Jersey.
- Free speech is the most important liberty we have and should be protected at all costs by all members of society.
These are merely the opinions of a boy on his magical turtle. If you don’t agree with them, it’s not the end of the world. You can try to stop us from preaching the truth with death threats but it will only make our voices louder. TurtleBoy Sports is the blog for the common man and we will not have our voices censored by Gish Jen’s army of oppressers.
If I saw a blog out there dedicated to shitting on Worcester, UMass, and the Patriots, then I’d probably not like it much either. But the last thing I’d do is spam the comments section, because that is literally the biggest waste of time possible. Start your own blog bros, because right now all you’re doing is giving me more page views. TurtleBoy wins again.