10 Things To Know About Leah Reynolds, A Malden Mother Of 7, Murdered By Boyfriend Ryan Power, Who Blamed Herself For The Abuse
Want to advertise with Turtleboy? Email us at [email protected] for more information, and check out our website about types of advertising we offer.
Sad story out of Malden where a mother of seven was killed by her abusive boyfriend:
A Massachusetts man will be in court Thursday after the body of his 31-year-old girlfriend was found in their home. The Middlesex District Attorney’s Office said police received a call Wednesday morning for an unresponsive female at a Lebanon Street home. Police located the woman at the home and found her strangled to death. The victim has been identified by the district attorney’s office as Leah Penny. Her boyfriend, Ryan Power, has been charged with murder in connection with her death. He is expected to be arraigned Thursday. Friends said the victim had several children and was living in the home with Power, 32, of Malden. Police said Power left the house Tuesday night after an altercation with the victim. “I didn’t know the folks, but I have seen a lot of people there, like a lot of police activity,” Stanley Buonagurio said. “Like for months.”
Tragic story, but it gets a lot worse. Here’s 5 things to know about this shitbag who murdered the mother of his children.
1. She has six girls and one boy, and referred to Ryan Power has her “amazing boyfriend” on Facebook.
2. According to his Facebook Ryan Power was employed as a HVAC sheet metal installer.
3. He is originally from Malden, but met her in North Carolina where she is originally from. They moved back to Malden in 2015 and she has posted on Facebook about how she wishes she never left, largely due to financial troubles. In order to make money she tried selling baby clothes on Facebook yard sale pages.
4. She was previously married, and according to her she was well taken care of when she was. However, since moving to Malden she frequently posts about needing help and the lack of family support.
5. She says she did not have a good relationship with her family, but she was close with Ryan Power’s mother, who was the one who discovered her body in her Malden home and attempted to perform CPR.
6. Despite what Leah posted about her family, her father Marty seemed to care for her. What appears to be Marty’s other daughter Carmin, died in 2014, and Leah commented on his Facebook post about her passing. They interacted friendly on his Facebook page, she supported the teams he coached, and he appears to be deeply devout.
7. Leah blamed herself for making Ryan Power upset, and blamed her daughter being taken from her as the cause of it. According to her posts, DCF was frequently involved in her life.
8. Friends from North Carolina say they had warned her about getting away from her abusive boyfriend, but that if she left him she feared she would have nowhere to go. Ryan Power was arrested on May 30 for a domestic incident involving Leah Reynolds, before murdering her with a dog leash as she attempted to stop him from strangling her.
9. Ryan and Leah frequently joked about getting married on Facebook and carried on like they were in love.
10. The two youngest appear to have been living with them, and he is the father of both of them. The two kids were found upstairs in their cribs by Ryan’s mother. He carried on like a loving Dad on Facebook. Nothing is clear about where the other children are, but they are a lot older, and likely still reside in North Carolina.
Needless to say this whole thing is cryptic and disturbing. The poor woman obviously felt trapped and had no one to turn to. Many of her Facebook posts were a cry for help. But she, like many women before her, was caught in a never-ending cycle of physical and emotional abuse. So if you know someone who is in a situation similar to this, maybe share this blog with them and reach out to help before another tragedy strikes.
We urge you to support the Turtleboy Sponsors by doing business with them. Without them none of this is possible. Click on any of them to check out their sites or Facebook pages.