Follow us on Instagram by clicking here.
Want to advertise with Turtleboy? Email us at Turtleboysports@gmail.com for more information.
We write about a lot of nutjobs here at Turtleboy Sports, but Dianne Kelly, the owner of Boston’s infamous PURR Cat Cafe, is arguably the most insane of them all. I don’t have time to go over everything, so if you haven’t read our four part series on the madness that has transpired in Brighton, feel free to catch up:
(Kathleen is on the right)
The gist of it is this:
- Crazy lady who doesn’t really seem to care about cats and has no business acumen opens a cat cafe in Brighton
- Conditions that are unlivable for the cats in the basement and she does almost nothing to fix it
- Rescue organizations refuse to donate cats to her “non profit” because of this
- Dianne publicly defames the rescue organization
- Dianne never pays several “employees” and slut shames her former manager Kathleen over and over and over again for her lifestyle
- She had no cats Kathleen! So she posted pictures of kittens from Arizona on Facebook and pretended she did
- Dianne posts on the PURR Cat Cafe business page, pretending to speak for the cats, and passive-aggressively calls out all the haters
- Occasionally a sane person takes over the page and attempts to rebuild all the good will that Dianne has destroyed during her drunken trips to the keyboard
- Dianne attempts to show that the business is legit by allowing people to live stream an open house, but it goes terribly when conditions are revealed to be deplorable
- Dianne partners with an openly anti-semitic man who messages anyone badmouthing the cafe privately and says mean things to them
- The opening date kept getting pushed back further and further and further, and those who had donated to her fundraiser never got their money back
- Meow. Meow. Purr.
Well they ended up opening and got some good press from Boston Magazine in late November, right around the time we lost our Facebook page:
But as usual, anyone who called her out on her bullshit was blocked. Look at any post on the PURR Cat Cafe Facebook page. Each one appears to have many comments:
But when you click on the comments:
Nothing there. AKA she deleted them all.
Don’t worry though, she’s still selling merch:
Anyway, we hadn’t heard from the self described “crazy Hooman” for a while. Then someone sent us a screenshot from the Boston Police logs on March 13, and it was everything you dreamed it would be and more:
About 6:00 PM on Tuesday 3/13/18, Officers Sobhy and Hynes in the K101F, responded to a radio call for a drunk female inside of the Cat Cafe located at 167 Chestnut Hill Avenue, Brighton.
Upon arrival the officers were approached by the caller (Ramsey, Pat DOB 4/7/47) who stated she volunteers at the Cat Cafe and when she came into the store today she found the store owner (Kelly, Dianne DOB 3/2/67) on the floor in the bathroom and extremely intoxicated.
Officers located the victim (Kelly, Dianne DOB 3/2/67) laying down on the floor in the rear exit foyer area. The victim (Kelly) became agitated upon contact with the officers as she was yelling incoherently and unable to keep her balance. The victim (Kelly) was able to state that she “drank a lot today, probably a gallon of wine.” Officers asked when she last stopped drinking to which she replied, “I never stopped.” Officers observed multiple empty bottles of wine on the floor also with an open bottle of Cat Medication (Amprolium). It should be noted the only items located in the exit foyer area were the victim’s purse, bottles of wine, the cat medication, and a broom. The victim refused to answer any questions as to why the cat medication was located next to the bottles of wine.
The officers were approached by the called (Ramsey) who stated there may “possibly be a dead cat in the area.” The caller stated she believes this due to “a few cats being unaccounted for.” During this time the victim became angry with caller (Ramsey) as she began to cry uncontrollably and scream vulgar language towards the caller and officers. The officers asked the victim if she wanted to hurt herself to which she nodded her head up and down indicating yes. Officers searched the area for any dead or wounded animals to no avail.
Boston EMS (Ambulance A14) responded to the scene and transported the patient to St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center for an evaluation. The called (Ramsey) informed officers she will remain on scene at the store to take care of the animals and will contact animal control in the morning for further assistance.
We have no cats Kathleen. But we have plenty of Franzia.
Ho-Lee-Shit. She drank a gallon of wine during the middle of the day, and when the cops get there and ask when she stopped drinking her response will go down in the record books:
“I never stopped.”
Naturally there are missing and possibly dead cats because the owner of this place is passed out on the floor, and may have drank the last of the cat medication.
How in the hell was this place ever allowed to be opened? Poor Pat Ramsey is apparently the new Kathleen and just figured out that she’d gone into a relationship with a sloppy poonstachio. This is reason number 5,439 why people need to read Turtleboy on a daily basis. So you can know which lunatics to avoid going into business with.