I’m pleased to announce that the first ever Turtleboy Golf Tournament will be taking place at Kettle Brook Golf Club in Paxton on Columbus Day, Monday October 12, at 10 AM. Here’s the details:
- We need a minimum of 100 golfers to sign up in order to do a shotgun start where everybody tees off at the same time on different holes
- If we get under 100 golfers (I’m pretty confident we can get over 100) then they do tee times every 9 minutes
- Registration would be at 9 AM, but you must sign up in advance
- Price to register is $125, or $400 if you can put a foursome together, and includes a cart, scoring, free specialty made Turtleboy golf t-shirt, and a luncheon buffet
- There will be raffles afterwards, and if you would like to donate something to the giveaway please contact [email protected]
- We are looking for people or businesses who want to sponsor each hole for $100 each. Sponsorship means you get a sign at the beginning of the hole that says the name of your business or whoever sponsored that hole.
- I am looking for a charity to donate 10% of all proceeds to. I have a couple in mind, and would prefer to work with a group that exists to help local at risk children, or anyone else representing the kind of people who are hurt by people we blog about. Email me at [email protected] if you have any ideas.
Click here to register to golf or sponsor a hole. I’m really looking forward to this and meeting some turtle riders. I chose Kettle Brook because it’s owned by the good folks who own Wachusett Country Club, which bravely defied Charlie Baker’s lockdown orders and got him to back down and begin opening up the state.