Follow @Nunchuck_Ninja on Twitter by clicking here.
Want to advertise with Turtleboy? Email us at [email protected] for more information.
If you like free speech and want to support what we’re doing, feel free to donate to the Turtle fund:
Hey fam – if you’d like to support Turtleboy and what we do here, feel free to hit the donate button at the top. We basically have to run this site like a Bernie Sanders campaign now since we’ve been blacklisted by Google and Facebook, due to the fact that rabid SJWs keep reporting our posts. Getting blacklisted by Google is a death sentence for most websites, since it’s much harder to monetize. And we all know the damage Facebook has done. We’re never going to stop fighting for free speech, but in the meantime the best way for turtle riders to fight back is to donate to the cause. Without you people none of this is possible. We love you all.
Our old friend Greg Bates is up to his some new shenanigans over on the North Shore Eats Facebook group. If you’re unfamiliar with this deep fried goober, we did a 7 part investigate series on him in June. You can read them here. The TL;DR is this:
- Abusive, unemployed divorcee who owes lots and lots of money for child creates Facebook group to promote local restaurants, which has over 35,000 members, and thus space on his page has value for local businesses
- He tells people that he doesn’t accept money for advertising, and will promote all restaurants equally
- In reality he is extorting money illegally from businesses, using his bully pulpit to intentionally damage businesses who won’t pay him money to appear on his page
- Demands two free gift cards of $50 every month, one to allegedly give away in raffle fundraisers for Autism non-profit, the other for him to eat for free and give a positive review of the restaurant on his page
- Once stole $300 in gift cards from a local restaurant, used them 5 minutes before closing with his friends, and tipped $4 on a $296 bill using only gift cards
- Claims to have raised over $200K for the ARC Autism foundation, but they have only received $13,000
- Rigs the raffles so that friends of his win, and once accepted a new toilet in exchange for guarantee that the toilet giver would win
- Makes up fake Facebook aliases for himself like “Chrissy Langdon” and then announces that his aliases have won the raffles that no one actually sees happen in person
- Doesn’t report any of this income to the IRS
- Has threatened to kill himself multiple times in order to garner sympathy, including pretending to do so by calling his kids and telling them goodbye
- Went to jail for non-payment of child support
- Has used his page to attack a bank that charged him a standard fee to cash an advertising check (even though he doesn’t accept money for advertising) because dealing with cash makes it easier to avoid paying taxes
There’s a lot more too, but that’s the gist of it.
Anyway, a lot of businesses cut him off after our blogs. His Facebook page was briefly removed in July, but after taking some time off he’s up to his old tricks again. One of the businesses he hasn’t screwed over yet is Jami’s Kitchen in Salem. That is until this weekend…..
Here’s the message Master Bates sent….
“I’m back at full force with the giveaways and all the shite fake sites are gone.”
This guy’s got some Trump to him. He’s overweight, out of shape, avoids taxes, and everything he doesn’t like is fake news. For the record, if he’s referring to Turtleboy as a “fake site” I have bad news for him, because rumors of our destruction have been greatly exaggerated.
But yet he literally just posted this the other day, in which he said, “never any charges” for restaurants he promotes on his page:
It’s amazing it took a place like Jami’s this long to figure out this guy was extorting them, but at least they finally got wise to it. Better late then never. The $50 gift card would be “raffled” off to a winner he already picked ahead of time, and the other one would be used by him at another restaurant when he tries to use it as a tip (which he has done before many times).
On the plus side North Shore Eats is now completely private, so we can’t even see inside there. This means that members can no longer share posts, like posts, or tag friends, meaning it’s going to be virtually impossible for his scam to grow. A lot of his idiotic supporters think we have some sort of agenda against Master Bates. We don’t. We just don’t like self important con-artists who pretend to be legitimate food critics but are really just using a Facebook page as a weapon to hurt people who busted their butts to run small businesses that pay taxes and employ people in the community.