The Celtics Are Gonna Be So Good For So Long Because God Loves Us More
Want to advertise with Turtleboy? Email us at [email protected] for more information.
A lot of teams would give up after a guy they just gave a $128 million contract to broke his leg in the most horrific way possible five minutes into his Celtic career. Not even gonna post the pictures or video of Gordon’s Hayward dismantled ankle. It’s out there if you wanna see it. Instead just watch the player’s reaction to it and you’ll get the point.
— Chad Amaral (@chad_amaral) October 18, 2017
A lot of teams would’ve given up at that point. On the road against LeBron and crew, down by double digits at halftime.
Then reality kicked in, the Celtics realized that we are the preferred sports city of God himself, and they lost in nailbiting fashion. Here’s why I’m so hard for this team right now:
1. Jaylon Brown. He went for 25 points, 6 boards, and 3 steals, and played 40 minutes. He missed a couple big 3’s at the end but he’s 20 years old, he can score, he can defend, and he’s gonna be here long after LeBron is old and useless.
2. Jayson Tatum. He had a double-double in his NBA debut and facialized LeBron with an and one during the third quarter. As usual, the joke is on Philadelphia. We got the better player with the third overall pick AND we get a high first round draft pick next year too. It’s great to be a Celtics fans. In Danny we trust.
Jayson Tatum is heating up! He's got 8 in the quarter.
— NBA (@NBA) October 18, 2017
— NBA (@NBA) October 18, 2017
3. Kyrie Irving came as advertised. Twenty two points, ten assists, and three steals. He hit a bunch of big shots in the 4th quarter. He’s 25 years old.
4. Hanging on to Marcus Smart was wicked smart. No pun intended. He absolutely emasculated LeBron at times and made Kyle Korver his bitch. Nine board, 3 assists, 2 blocks, 2 steals. Great NBA championship teams always have a great shut down defender (Bruce Bowen, James Posey). Marcus Smart is that guy, and he’s 23 years old.
5. Gordon Hayward will be back this season. I have absolutely nothing to back this up. All I know is Tom Brady has magical doctors he can hook him up with, everything happens for a reason, and God loves us more.
Oh, and in order to beat us the NBA had to get rid of traveling violations altogether.
Travel? No? pic.twitter.com/T2vhddZVZg
— David Wade (@davidwade) October 18, 2017
Uh pivot foot? pic.twitter.com/sbLOFhpXxh
— Doug Gottlieb (@GottliebShow) October 18, 2017
— #DaddyDosia (@D_O_S_I_A) October 18, 2017
It doesn’t matter that they lost. The fact that they overcame that injury, the fact that their best players are all 27 and under, and the fact that we still have ANOTHER high lottery pick next year is all I need to know. Everyone is just waiting for the Warriors to get old. They’re gonna win the next three NBA titles. Then they’ll get old, the Cavs as we know it will no longer exist, and the Celtics will dominate the rest of Turtleboy Jr.’s childhood.
It’s great to be a Boston sports fan.
We urge you to support the following local businesses. They provide terrific services for the community!