Just wanted to put out a quick little blog to let people know that they are free to send in story ideas and leads again. I know a lot of people have been respecting my situation so the inbox has been dry, but it’s time to get back to work. I also created a new Turtleboy Sports Facebook page that you can like and follow by clicking here. The Uncle Turtleboy-Aidan Kearney page doesn’t come up on Facebook when you search for Turtleboy Sports, so a lot of people can’t find it and it just grows extremely slowly. We used to be able to add way over 1,000 people a week, but on that page I can’t add 1,000 a month. Also Parler is back up and you can follow me there by clicking here. You can reach me with story ideas in the following way:
- Message the new Turtleboy Sports Facebook page
- Email [email protected]
- Follow and DM me on Twitter at @TB_Aidan
- Follow and DM me on Twitter at @Turtleboyphone
You can also still follow me at Clarence Woods Emerson on Facebook and message that page, but I can’t add admins to that account like I can the TBS page, so I get a little overwhelmed on there sometimes.
Tips about what to do when sending a story idea:
- Explain your story idea concisely and assume I have no idea what you’re talking about or who the people are in the story
- Send pictures, screenshots, videos, links and anything else that can be used as evidence to write a story on that topic
Couple tips about what not to do when you message
- Say, “you should investigate” or “you should link into” (fill-in-the-blank) and then leave it at that
- Say, “Can I send you something anonymously?” You know by now that everything is anonymous
- Write something that will take me more than 60 seconds to read. Sum it up and get to the point about why this would be a good story
- Send a story idea about a ratchet with no supporting evidence
I’m gonna rebrand a little bit too. I still love the ratchet stuff and always will, and I’ll still blog on it. But at the end of the day I’m more interested in exposing people who actually matter. To be perfectly honest my kids are getting older and I don’t want them to grow up have a vulgar, smut filled blog. I feel like I can make the same points I’ve always made while avoiding usage of jizz donkeys and spunk guzzlers.
Turtleboy is back in business. Spread the word and we’ll be back to this in no time.