We urge you to support the Turtleboy Sponsors by doing business with them. Without them none of this is possible: Wormtown Brewery, Union Tavern, Scavone Plumbing, Michael Gaffney, Bennie’s Cafe, Craftech Restoration, JJM Insurance, Smokestack Urban Barbecue, Attorney Michael Erlich, H-S Trading Firearms, Smitty’s Tavern, Julio’s Liquors, HomeWarrantyReports.com, The Gun Parlor Range, 3B Auto, Attorney Anthony Salerno, North End Motor Sales.
If you haven’t heard the news yet, Turtleboy Sports DOMINATED the Worcester elections today. Don’t listen to the naysayers, this was a victory in every sense of the word. Let’s see why…
Joe Petty was reelected as mayor. Newsflash – Joe Petty was SUPPOSED to get reelected as Mayor. At the end of the day, we had never even heard of Mike Gaffney as of two years ago. Mike has no family in Worcester, he didn’t grow up here, and he basically ran his campaign with his wife and a guy named Cheeks.
Joe Petty is entrenched in Worcester. He’s been on the council for 18 years. He’s from the west side and he’s Irish. His wife is from the east side and she’s Italian. He had an unlimited campaign war chest.
Oh yea, and he had also had the backing of a large and powerful political machine, which he has denied the existence of for years. We forced them to show their colors. Jim McGovern was here so much in the last month he might’ve well have pitched a tent in the Krock’s abandoned parking lot. He had not one, but TWO United States Senators campaign for him. This article in the Boston Globe changed everything. It suggested that Worcester County was falling out of the machine’s hands. As soon as McGovern saw that he said, “not my fucking city.” There’s a reason he was here so often when he works in Washington D.C.
And that’s the best part about this – we made them sweat. You think Elizabeth fucking Warren wanted to make robocalls for Joe Petty on Friday? Liz Warren is kind of a big deal on a national level. You think she wants to bother herself with Worcester? A city that should be in the bag for the machine? Fuck no. There’s a reason Petty was so happy tonight – he’s relieved. He woke up in cold sweats for the last four months worrying about Gaffney and that fucking turtle. His nightmare ain’t over though.
Let’s look at the results:
As you can see Petty won pretty easily for Mayor. Now let’s look at the City Council results:
Petty beat Gaffney by over 2,000 votes for Mayor but only beat him by a little over 400 for the top spot on City Council. That means a shitload of people looked at the ballot and said, “I’m gonna vote for Petty because Gaffney is new and inexperienced, but at the end of the day I like that Gaffney is on the council pissing these assholes off and keeping them in check, so I’m gonna vote for him for council.”
That message was loud and clear tonight. Gaffney finished in 6th in 2013. In the primary he was 4th. Petty beat him by over 3,000 votes last time. Gaffney cut that down by 2,600 this time around. That right there is a huge victory for the TBS Revolution. The message has been sent – the people are watching. We care now. Thousands of people voted this time around who didn’t previously, and that number will only grow in 2017 when Petty steps down and Sarai Rivera makes her run for mayor.
The real revolution took place in the School Committee, because tonight was a referendum on the schools and Booneghazi. Check out these results:
Turtleboy Ticket finished 1-2. That is insane. Donna Colorio finished SEVENTH last time. She beat Jack freaking Foley, the Petty of the School Committee. Oh yea, and Hilda Ramirez and Tracy Novick are no longer a threat to WPS children anymore. They have been replaced by Colorio and Molly McCullough. We didn’t officially endorse Molly because it hurt the chances of Nick D’Andrea, but we were rooting for her. We trust Molly and think she’ll be really good on there. So basically we took the two weakest links, tossed them out and replaced them with smart people. And the top dog is now the 4th dog.
This proves that school safety and North High School were the most important issues in this election. If you were anti-cop and pro diversity trainings in schools, then you suffered. Foley, Novick, and Ramirez all opposed police at North High. McCullough, Colorio, O’Connell, and Biancheria all favored it. So did Gaffney. This was the primary message we’ve been sending, and clearly it resonated with the voters. If you’re anti-cops and anti-kid, we’re coming for you. Better get your ass down to Burger King and fill out an application Tracy.
Here’s some other hot takes to take out the election:
- Turtle boy’s new nickname is the Hippie Slayer, because we slayed four major hippies tonight. Matt Wally supported the DOJ talks, Novick and Ramirez suck at everything, and Jennithan Cortes called up one of the Turtleboy Sponsors, harassed them and cost them a lot of business. He barely lost tonight. If he hadn’t done that we gladly would’ve backed him over Candy Carlson and he’d be on the City Council right now. But he chose to align with the hippies and now him and Tracy can start a blog together at Burger King.
- From this point forward the message is sent loud and clear – Turtleboy is watching. We matter. We speak for thousands who won’t put up with the status quo anymore. This is a great thing for Worcester.
- Konnie Lukes finished in a solid 4th place and easily won another term on the Council.
- Kate Toomey literally doesn’t have to do anything and she’ll get reelected. People like her that much. She’ll never do anything to piss you off, but she’ll never be a leader like Gaffney. She’ll always be Kate Toomey, and that’s apparently enough to stay on the CC in Worcester.
- Rob Sargent and Nicola D’Andrea did not win, but they got their names and messages out there and have set themselves up for a future run.
- Cotey Collins got an impressive amount of votes for an 18 year old kid with a dream.
- We would’ve gladly endorsed Juan Gomez if he wasn’t such a conniving snake. He lost by 100 votes because he chose to to befriend Sarai Rivera instead of Turtleboy. Big mistake. We spotted Kevin Ksen’s rape van out and about the city this morning. This cost him the election:
- Sarai Rivera had a 100% chance of winning. We backed her opponent Jackie Kostas, but we knew she had no shot. Sarai is the Queen B of District 4. She’s the mother fucking GODFATHER of Main South. She has no problem dropping a body or casting your soul to an eternity hell if you cross her or don’t put enough money in the basket on Sunday. But at the end of the day we’ve made sure that that is all she will ever be.
- Cindy Nguyen is to be congratulated for running a great campaign. It’s not easy for a 22 year old woman to beat an established politician like Tony Economou in such a high voter turnout district, but she gave it a shot. Ultimately Tony is not a problem not a problem on the council, so we don’t mind him staying on.
- Tina Zlody got destroyed. She sucks. Another victory for the TBS Revolution.
- Big time congratulations are in order to Khrystian King for his impressive 6th place finish tonight. He is the first black man to serve on the City Council in 70 years. Diversity is a good thing, but only if the people elected are competent and capable. We like Khrystian King. The guy worked his ass off and we’re excited to see what he’s all about. He earned his seat on the Council. Big ups to him
- King replaces Dicky Rushton!!! The City Council just lost by far its weakest link tonight. There’s no way on earth King can be worse than him. That’s a net victory for Worcester. And make no mistake about it, Dicky dropped out because we made it impossible for him to win. He would’ve finished in ninth AT BEST tonight. Khrystian King is a polished, intelligent looking man. This is the man he is replacing:
- Moe Bergman almost lost tonight, and it’s not a coincidence. Moe needs to pick a side. The machine doesn’t back him and neither does Turtleboy. We’ve seen his picture at way too many Petty functions to trust him, and he’s not nearly as vocal as he needs to be on the Council. This is a wake up call that he’s either with the hippies, or he’s with Turtleboy, or he’s gonna lose his seat in 2017.
- Mike Gaffney is now the Vice Chairman of the City Council. When Joe Petty goes to take a piss he becomes de facto mayor.
The bottom line is, this was a GREAT night for Worcester, the Turtleboy Sports Revolution, and Michael Gaffney. We did this all in less than a year too. Imagine what it’s gonna be like in 2017. Jump on board the turtle folks, because we ain’t going ANYWHERE!!!
We urge you to support the Turtleboy Sponsors by doing business with them. Without them none of this is possible. Click on any of them to check out their sites or Facebook pages.