Last month we published a blog about missing New Bedford woman Jahliajia Finklea, a tribal member who had just turned 18 and was believed to be with a man named Luis Barboza. On Wednesday police in Florida announced that they believe they found her body.
Since then I’ve been inundated with messages from ratchets demanding I take down the blogs, and commenters blaming Turtleboy for what happened.
Let me be very clear here – I apologize for nothing, and will not be removing a thing because everything I said was accurate. Family members who accused him of kidnapping her also:
- Neglected her and allowed her to run wild, posting pictures of herself drinking and rolling blunts at clubs when she was 15
- Did nothing the many times she ran away from home a minor
- Her aunt introduced her to the guy she was with because she was dating with him, knew that he was grooming her, and allowed him to be around her anyway
- She had previously posted that she planned to run away as soon as she was 18
- Family members posted that she brought a knife with her and got into a car with him for the sole intention of robbing him
- Their immediate reaction to her disappearance was to profit off of it by making a GoFundMe to raise money for a “private investigator” to “bring her home”
- The police ended up finding her body and the asshole who probably killed her (and was introduced to her by family), meaning the family pocketed the money and it was all a big scam
She was reportedly 5 months pregnant, and according to unconfirmed Internet commenters the “procedure” she had scheduled was an abortion she didn’t wanna have. It was allegedly her second abortion and Luis reportedly wasn’t the father.
All of this is just Internet lore for now. There’s no evidence so far that she was kidnapped and there’s a chance she went with this guy willingly. All I know is one thing – everything I published was correct, I stand by it all, and if you think I’m the kind of guy you can shame into an apology or a retraction then you must be new here.
Please consider supporting local journalism by donating to the Turtle fund:
Hello Turtle Riders. As you know if you follow Turtleboy we are constantly getting censored and banned by Facebook for what are clearly not violations of their terms of service. Twitter has done the same, and trolls mass reported our blog to Google AdSense thousands of times, leading to demonitization. We can get by and survive, but we could really use your help. Please consider donating by hitting the PayPal button above if you’d like support free speech and what we do in the face of Silicon Valley censorship. Or just buy our award winning book about the dangers of censorship and rise of Turtleboy: